We would like to share our three week EPIC cycling ADVENTURE of over 1500 miles from Fort Collins, Colorado to Carnation, Washington with you. We leave August 29th and arrive in Carnation on Monday, September 22.

Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Day 19 & 20 - Walla Walla Washington

We arrived in Walla Walla yesterday. Seems we're having a bit of a heat wave in Washington for which we are thankful after enduring the cold mountains of Wyoming and Montana. Today is a rest day. We'll browse around the historical section of Main Street Walla Walla. I did reconnaissance last night and counted over a half dozen wineries in four blocks so we'll be very busy. Tomorrow we move on to the Tricities and then to the Sunnyside of Washington to do a little swervin' and curvin'.

Oh, by the way, our mileage is over 1250 and the flat tire count is up around 10. Steve and I are going through tires like Lewis and Clark went through moccasins. I might have to look up a bike store today. Luckily we both brought several spares. No pictures yet as I'm staying a few blocks away from the group in a lovely Travel Lodge and forgot the USB cable to download pics.

That's all for now. Tomorrow I'll update the BPC (bottles purchased count).

3 comments:

bryan said...

check out Chateau Rollat... great wine there in Walla Walla. Have a blast on your off day! Will be fun to have Jake in town... see you back in Seattle soon!

Bryan

Unknown said...

Have you met any of my "friends," the infamous "goatheads", much over there? They continually ravaged my tires when I was a kid in the valley; I turned into my own pit crew just to keep my two wheels a turnin'. Made good time, too.
Yee-Haw!
(BTW: Been lovin' your blogs!)

Terry said...

goatheads galore! They are responsible for several flats..they have wandered into Idaho and Wyoming too :)